Betting Sites in Kenya 2019
Looking for the best betting sites in Kenya? Kenya has in recent times recorded a very high record of online gamblers following South Africa and Nigeria. It’s located on the coastline of the Indian Ocean in East Africa, with over 45 million citizens. Kenya is known to be a sports lover especially when it comes to long distance running they are blessed with representatives that keep them at the top of this sport in the world. Also, cricket, volleyball and rugby are as well popular in the country.
Bonus up to KSH.10,000
KSH.15,000 Deposit bonus
50% up to KSH.5,000
Best Betting Sites in Kenya (recommended)
- #1 Best Betting Site Kenya – 1xBet Kenya – exclusive betting bonus up to KSH.10,000
- #2 Best Betting Site Kenya – 22Bet Kenya – online betting site offering a KSH.15,000 Deposit bonus + 22 bet points
- #3 Best Betting Site Kenya – HelaBet Kenya – this betting site is offering a first deposit bonus up to KSH.1,000
- #4 Best Betting Site Kenya – BetLion Kenya – Get 50% back as a FREE BET when you place your first bet. 50% up to KSH.100 and you can try and play for the Goliath Jackpot – Pick Six correct matches and take the chance to win KSH.500,000
- #5 Best Betting Site Kenya – Betway Kenya – This international betting site offers a 50% up to KSH.5,000 first deposit bonus for you to start betting
- #6 Best Betting Site Kenya – Odibets Kenya – This mobile-first online betting site offers a Free bet worth KSH.30 to all new Kenyan betting customers
- #7 Best Betting Site Kenya – M-Bet Kenya – Winning means more with M-Bet Kenya. This online betting site offers a 50% up to KSH.25 for Kenyan bettors
- #8 Best Betting Site Kenya – Palmsbet Kenya – This Kenyan betting site offers an exclusive 50% of the amount of the first deposit up to KSH.1,000
- #9 Best Betting Site Kenya – Mozzart Bet Kenya – Betting site with Twitter and Facebook promotions, it offers a huge bonus of up to 1000% on happy hours
- #10 Best Betting Site Kenya – SportyBet Kenya – this betting site is offering a first deposit bonus of KSH.1,000
List of Betting Sites in Kenya
- mCHEZA Kenya – A household name in Kenyan betting sites, this online betting site offers a up to 50% Extra Payout on Multibets
- Eazibet Kenya – A mobile dedicated online betting site with amazing Bonus and Promotions. Grab the First Deposit Match bonus will match user’s first deposit up to KSH.200
- SportPesa Kenya – Considered one of the pioneers of the Kenya betting sites, with Amazing Jackpots
- Powerbets Kenya – A true Kenyan betting site that offers to Kenyan bettors a KSH.20 stake free and a 100% up to KSH.1,000
- Lucky2u Kenya
- Shabiki Kenya – Online betting site dedicated to Kenya betting customers and with amazing Power Jackpots
- Premierbet Kenya
- Betika! Kenya – Good visual betting site with weekly jackpots and extra features
- BetPawa Kenya – A good betting site with Live sports betting (Currently not accepting bets)
- BetIn Kenya – Sports betting website that will give you a 50% deposit bonus on all first deposits of up to KSH.5000
- Dafabet Kenya – A good structured website with an exclusive promotion of 50% up to KSH.5,000 for new Kenya betting customers
- BetYetu Kenya – With a Welcome Bonus of 100% up to KSH.5,000, this online betting site will delight even the casual betting customer
Betting Shops in Kenya
Kenya gamblers have some trouble finding ways to place a bet, either when it comes to visiting live betting shops or an online betting site. There are almost 30 different betting companies who have licensed to operate in Kenya, with many of these firms also running casinos in the nation’s urban centres.
Regulations of online betting sites in Kenya began in the country back in early 2013, when SportPesa was licensed to offer such bets over the Internet. Since then, the government had opened up the sector for competitors, with the Betting Control and Licensing Board allowing about 10 companies to offer legal betting sites in Kenya. Other sites that fall under this category include Betin, BetYetu, Betway, mCHEZA or Justbet.
Apart from the brands mentioned in the list above, some variety of foreign websites also offer sports wagering to the Kenyan market. While this activity is not expressly authorized under the law, it’s been tolerated, with no government intervention taken for quite a while now to either block these sites or punish either operators or players who wager on them.
First deposit bonus up to KSH.1,000
KSH.30 Free Bet
Free Bet + 50% up to KSH.100
Payment Options for Betting Sites in Kenya
Just like other online betting sites, the exact methods used in order to make deposits into your online gambling accounts in this country will vary depending on the betting sites in Kenya you play on. But, there is one popular option in particular that you will find at mostly all online betting sites in Kenya that you’ll want to be familiar with. Regulated online betting sites likes their players to use mobile payments through a service known as M-Pesa in order to process deposits. This has become a more popular option throughout the iGaming industry, and makes sense there, it is a fast and secure way to bill players. Mobile money accounts are also used to process withdrawals. Other popular payment options are also available, just like on foreign online betting sites, such as:
- Visa / MasterCard
- Bank transfer
50% up to KSH.25
50% up to KSH.1,000
What to bet on the most popular betting sites in Kenya
Just like everywhere else, the leading sport to bet on in Kenya is football/soccer. As it’s popular in the world, one can bet on top European leagues, which make up the bulk of the action at most betting sites in Kenya. Whether it is England’s Premier League, La Liga in Spain, the German Bundesliga, or any other top-level competition, you’ll not only find those matches highly-promoted on these sites, but you’ll also get plenty of specials and prop bets to choose from with amazing promotions and odds you won’t resist. As we have on other online betting sites throughout the world, a lot of other sports betting options are offered on the most popular betting sites in Kenya, just to cover anything you might want to bet on. See the list below:
- American football
- Virtual games
100% up to KSH.1,000
Up to KSH.200
100% up to KSH.1,000
Gambling Laws in Kenya
The gaming industry in Kenya is being regulated under the Betting, Lotteries, and Gaming Act. Passed in 1966, it is responsible for the establishment of the Betting Control and Licensing Board (or BCLB), which in turn oversees and regulates all types of gaming in the country. In general, most forms of gaming are legal under this framework, provided that operators are licensed by the BCLB. That includes everything from casino gambling to lotteries, sports betting, poker, and bingo.
Though, when the law was established, online gaming wasn’t considered as a part of this law. in 1966, nobody could have imagined what the Internet would become. However, that has changed in recent years, as sports betting sites in Kenya have been regulated since 2013. Many of these sites now also offer online casino Kenya as well, thought bookmaking still tends to be the main focus.
While most gaming operations are legal, there are regulations in place that restrict just how these companies can run their businesses. The most notable of these are protections for minors: it is illegal to allow underage individuals to place bets, to employ children in gaming establishments, or to advertise towards them in any media. However, punishments against operators who violate these rules are fairly light, making it unclear just how closely the provisions are followed.
50% up to KSH.5000
50% up to KSH.5000
100% up to KSH.5,000
Can I bet in betting shops in Kenya?
The first shop casinos opened in Kenya back in 1969, just three years after they were legally permitted. Today, numerous casinos have proliferated throughout the country, focused mainly in several of the country’s largest cities. More than a dozen of the largest resorts are a part of the Association of Gaming Operators Kenya, an industry group that lobbies on behalf of the casinos.
At least 10 casinos exist in Nairobi alone, including some rather notably international brands. These include the Palms Regency, Millionaires Casino or Regency Slots. Three more casinos operate out of Mombasa, while others can be found in Malindi, Nakuru, Thika or Watamu. Many of these same operators use a single license to operate their betting shops, which are also concentrated heavily in major cities.
Exclusive betting bonus up to KSH.10,000
KSH.15,000 Deposit bonus + 22 bet points
50% back as a FREE BET + 50% up to KSH.100
Conclusion – All you need to know about betting sites in Kenya
We hope that you enjoyed our article about betting sites in Kenya and that now you can finally decide where to bet online safely.
The future of betting in Kenya is bright. Kenyan officials have shown interest that they are willing to go further in modernizing how they deal with both online betting and live gambling in the country. The new taxation rates will be part of a new overhauled Betting, Gaming, and Lotteries Bill, which will also include new regulations for this industry in a variety of areas. Stay tuned for the most exciting first-hand updates about online betting sites in Kenya!
Know more about betting in Africa